Everton set to learn their Premier League point deduction fate within days
Everton are not likely to receive good news when the results of their appeal against the 10-point deduction for Financial Fair Play breaches is announced, sources have told Football Insider.
Speaking to the new edition of Football Insider’s Insider Track Podcast, senior correspondent Pete O’Rourke revealed that the verdict is set to be announced in the middle of February.
That means news on Everton’s potential fate for the 2023-24 campaign may be just days away.
The appeal case concluded last week (2 February) and was put forward by newly-appointed Laurence Rabinowitz KC – who was leading the process.
A successful appeal could see Everton’s historic punishment reduced or even removed, with a financial penalty or transfer ban taking its place.
However, a well-placed source with inside knowledge of the situation has told Football Insider that there is “not much hope for good news”.
It is believed a reduction to a six-point penalty, which would increase Everton’s points tally by four, could be the best outcome the Merseysiders can hope for.
The Toffees currently sit in the Premier League relegation zone, one point behind Luton Town in 17th.
Sean Dyche’s side will also learn the outcome of their second FFP charge in the coming months.
Everton, along with Nottingham Forest, were charged with a breach of Profitability and Sustainability Rules for the 2022-23 campaign last month.
The process of hearing that case has been fast-tracked and it is believed a ruling could be announced in April.
Everton are next in action against Man City on Saturday (10 February) with the chance to escape the drop zone.
In other news, Arsenal join Newcastle United in race for Everton star.
For more Everton and exclusive news, follow us on Facebook or join our brand new WhatsApp Channel for instant updates to be sent straight to your phone.
Man City could now be relegated ‘just like Rangers’ as new details emerge on 115 charges – Wyness