Tottenham accelerate plans to sign Kane replacement – Exclusive

Photo of author
Written By Maya Cantina

Tottenham are expected to sign a new marquee number nine this summer to replace departed legend Harry Kane, sources have told Football Insider.

Kane, 30, left Spurs last year (2023) after scoring 32 goals across all competitions for the Londoners in the 2022-23 campaign.

It is believed Tottenham are stepping up their plans to land a marquee new forward in this year’s summer window.

That is despite the promising form of their current strike force under Ange Postecoglou’s stewardship this term.

Son Heung-min has managed 12 goals and six assists this season, while Brazil international Richarlison has chipped in with 11 strikes and three assists and has led the line with increasing assurance since the turn of the year.

Timo Werner was drafted in on loan from RB Leipzig in January but is yet to find the net for Postecoglou’s side.

A well-placed source has told Football Insider that Tottenham are keen to land an A-list out-and-out striker with the potential to replace Kane long-term.

Tottenham work on signing Harry Kane replacement

Ivan Toney, who has recently returned to action with Brentford after a ban for gambling rule breaches, is expected to be available for transfer later this year with his contract up in 2025.

Football Insider revealed last year (7 November) that Tottenham are set to go head-to-head with Premier League rivals for Toney’s signature.

It is believed Chelsea, Man United and Arsenal will also be in the hunt for the 27-year-old at the end of the 2023-24 campaign.

Spurs sit fourth in the Premier League after recording a late win over Brighton on Saturday (10 February).

The Lilywhites are next in action against Wolves on Saturday (17 February).

In other news, Tottenham’s new defender asking price revealed.

For more Tottenham and exclusive news, follow us on Facebook or join our brand new WhatsApp Channel for instant updates to be sent straight to your phone.

{{#primary_category}}

{{primary_category}}

{{/primary_category}}

{{author_name}}

Jarrod Bowen: Major update on West Ham star’s future after David Moyes sack update

Source

Leave a Comment

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .